Position: Formulation Scientist
The primary duties of the position include:
- Formulating a variety of OTC drugs including; oral care, sunscreen, anti-acne, topical analgesics, antimicrobial and antiperspirants, as well as skin treatment, hair care and general personal care formulations from concept to finished product based on requests from the marketing and related company departments, as well as generate ideas from within the R&D Department.
- Research product formulations and properties and interactions of raw materials.
- Set product specifications and write compounding procedures.
- Vendor research for raw materials.
- Scale-up of approved formulations, to include identification of critical process variables.
- Operation of R&D laboratory bench top equipment.
- Produce formulas for the company, on schedule that fit production requirements.
- Interpret results of laboratory findings and assess risks involved in new products, and communicate findings to sales and upper management.
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, etc.
- Utilize and follow relevant regulatory and legal requirements, regulations and product development standards.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and cGMPs.
- Notebook documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates should possess the following credentials, abilities and qualities:
- Bachelorís degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in formulating skin care products.
- Must possess knowledge/experience in Personal Care Applications.
- Previous experience in laboratory preparative chemistry of at least 5 years.
- Comfortable with polymer synthesis work.
- Experience with the preparation of polymers would be preferred but is not essential.
- Minimum of 3 years contract manufacturing experience.
- Experience in writing SOPís/protocols/reports/procedures.
Excellent compensation and benefits package for the right candidate.
Relocation assistance is not available.
For consideration, please forward your resume with salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.